I’m a graphic designer with over 8 years experience creating websites,
mobile apps, games, posters, funding documents, functional
specifications and sometimes even props! There’s really nothing I can’t
do, but my speicalty lies in designing for children in an illustrative
As an early riser, I’m usually the first into the office. I’m a hard
worker and find it easier to focus in the early morning. Though I’m not
opposed to working late and getting the job done.
During my final year of college I did an internship for marblemedia.
They hired me before my internship ended and I worked there for a total
of 8 years. Over those years I worked on a variety of projects and
tasks from websites to games, and from posters to shaving the stubble
in a photo of a colleague. ...I have a few more photo editing stories
but I’ll save those for later. ;)
I was born and raised in a small community called Hurkett. It’s in
Northern Ontario and has a population of roughly 250 people. It is so
small we had no store and the bus ride to the only highschool was 45
minutes. It’s safe to say I lived a rural lifestyle for most of my
life. My childhood was spent, fishing, biking, and building forts in
the ‘bush’. This contributed to my shy, Tomboy personality. But if you
give me some time to get to know you, I can be very bubbly.
Even though I no longer call Northern Ontario home I have come to love
the life that the GTA has to offer. I am happily
married (4 years) and the mother of two fantastic children (4.5 years
and 1.5 ). Life couldn’t be better.
Random things about me (For those who make it this far...):
- I LOVE checklists
- I worked in a pie shop for 2 years and make homemade perogies (I’ll
let that sink in...)
- My children are named after video game characters
- I have a yellow stripe down the front of one of my teeth, most people
assume it’s from smoking, but I don’t smoke, it’s been there all my life
- I love cats and memes, the two just go together
- I prefer cartoons to live action anything
- I come from a very large family
- I like to dance and will often hold random dance parties
- I don't like wearing shoes
- I love a good internet meme
- I have a few alter egos, Duct Tape Girl and Queen Underpants to name a few.